Help us to help them.
Help young women overcome a past of tragedy and access a future full of possibility.
Excelsior accepts adolescent girls with a broad range of emotional and behavioral problems and levels of functioning. Referrals considered appropriate for placement will meet the following criteria:
- 11 to 18 years of age
*Depending on the girl’s placing agency and/or legal status; she may be in treatment past her 18th birthday when deemed appropriate.
- IQ range is 70 or higher; exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis
- Potential to behave appropriately and safely within the treatment milieu
- Potential for insight and understanding
- Not pregnant, with exceptions determined by executive director
- Assaultive or self destructive behaviors that are manageable
- Unable to function in a program with a lower level of services or less restrictive setting